Register for the Insurance Day Business Briefing: Pathways to a Confident Future
Fresh perspectives on London market strategy and innovation: 3 pm, November 9 at Lloyd’s
The headwinds facing the London market show no sign of abating. The oversupply of capacity, rising attritional loss costs and high expenses are taking their toll on companies’ performance.
Last year Lloyd’s executives warned of the “worrying trend” of the market’s deteriorating underwriting profitability. This year’s devastating hurricane season will do nothing to improve that, with Lloyd’s on course for its first overall loss since 2011.
The increased sophistication of overseas markets, evolving distribution channels and the opportunities and threats offered by technology are also weighing on market participants. The UK’s exit from the EU is also looming. To meet these challenges, firms are looking at ways to find profitable business opportunities, reduce costs and innovate.
Join us on November 9 at 3 pm in the Lloyd’s OId Library for the first Insurance Day Business Briefing, which will bring together senior insurance and broking executives to explore strategies for 2018 and beyond. Two engaging panel discussions will address:
- The outlook for 1/1 renewals and the impact of this year’s record catastrophe losses;
- Products, distribution and expenses: the London market of the future;
- The London market after Brexit;
- Bringing new business to London;
- Harnessing big data, blockchain and artificial intelligence;
- Pathways to successful innovation; and
- Aligning innovation with business strategy.